Re: Modelling Rubber in SAP2000

Hi all:

Thank you for your inputs on the modelling in rubber.
I might sound a little naive here, but i have a
question to ask.

Cant specifying material properties like the poisson's
ratio, Young's modulus, mass per unit vol, weight per
unit vol ,coeff of thermal expansion etc. enable to
generate a material with close to rubber properties
and then do a nonlinear large displacement analysis of
the same ?

I find that SAP does not allow a poisson's ratio value
of greater than or equal to 0.5 ( a incompressible
material). is it possible to use a poisson's ratio of
0.4999999 and get a nearly incompressible material and
use it for the modelling ?

I am looking forward to your answers

thanks
Anantha Narayan