Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Need Advice for setting up a Server in office for Website with Mailing Lists[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Need Advice for setting up a Server in office for Website with Mailing Lists
- From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:12:10 -0500
You’ve Got Mail.
I need some advice (privately of course) from anyone who has experience converting at Windows XP based computer that I wish to add a hard drive dedicated to acting as my own server. I have been unhappy with the services offered by my current Web Host and most of the server/client software and add-on’s to transfer my Listservices is free software or very inexpensive to purchase.
I am running a new LinkSys WRT54T Broadband Router who provides sufficient information needed to set up the router to allow web access (with a low cost service for transferring and routing my domain name).
Specifically I need help in the following areas:
If you have done this yourself and can guide me I would really appreciate the help. I’d like to have the server running by the end of the year and will use it to build a library of technical documents related to Light-Framing that users can find and access (including links).
Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
- Prev by Subject: RE: NDS Equation 3.3-6 (CL)
- Next by Subject: need Mill Valley inspection service
- Previous by thread: OT: Need Advice for setting up a Server in office for Website with Mailing Lists
- Next by thread: employment time