RE: Mechanical concrete pad on 3" roof deck

Have you explained to the requestor that you are on metal deck without
concrete topping? Usually equipment above metal deck is supported by metal
curbs (although I did encounter masonry curbs once). The request for 4"
concrete equipment pads sounds like they are assuming that they are on a
concrete deck.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO