Re: Mechanical concrete pad on 3" roof deck

Reza,

        Why not just pour the concrete directly into he roof deck flutes?  Why use any insulation at all?

Regards,  H. Daryl Richardson

Reza Dashti Asl wrote:

Hi,
In one of our projects we have been asked to provide 4" concrete pad for
mechanical equipments (like roof top packages) on 3" metal roof deck.
1- Can we have 3" insulation in low flutes and then pour the concrete on top
or even have more insulation (if required) and then place the concrete on
top of the insulation? What are the possible problms or requirements that I
should check?
2- Is 4" the min. required thickness for these pads or can we have, say,
2.5" or 3"?
I appreciate all comments.

Reza Dashti P.Eng.
Vancouver, BC

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org