1" SOLID TUBULAR HIGH STRENGTH STEEL - Is it available

Hello everyone,

I need to specified a 1" solid tubular steel stock - with strength of at least Fy=90ksi. Does it available in the market? Have anybody does it before?

What if I cut a 1" plate of A514 steel (which has Fy~100ksi) and make a tubular shape out of it? Is there any considerations to be accounted for during the cutting, such as the heat, strength loss,  and etc?

Thank you for any thoughts that you have!

sincerely,

Djohan.

Do you Yahoo!?