Re: 1" SOLID TUBULAR HIGH STRENGTH STEEL - Is it available

Djohan:

You might specify a alloy steel square: 1" square using CF 4140 material.  An old catalog of mine provides a Fy of 90 ksi and a Fu of 102 ksi.  An oil quenced bar will get you up to 133 ksi yield and a ultimate of 158 ksi.   Be careful of the chemistry and any welding.

Check out this website:  http://www.ryersontull.com/stocklist/RedbookServlet?COM=GetTable&ID=1068

I notice that Ryerson also offers a Hr 4145 QTSR.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil mooe and associates