Re: Stainless steel design code?

Jim,

I have used AWS D1.6:199 for welding.  It lists physical and strength properties for many grades of stainless, appropriate filler metals, and prequalified weld details for stainless steel.

For LRFD design, I've used Design Manual for Stainless Steel from the Nickel Development Institute.  It is a Recommendation document from the UK Steel Construction Institute.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net