ASCE Membership - Is it worthwhile?

Colleagues;

I was a member of ASCE years and years ago when I graduated. IIRC, the reason I dropped my membership is that the bulk of the material I received was non-structural related and the structural journal was (and probably still is) way over my head and more conducive to academia (IMHO) than the practical world I lived (and still do) in.

I am reconsidering membership, but, with everything I join or subscribe to today, I question its value to me. Regardless of the price, I don’t need to join just to join or to just get another magazine or for some other petty (again, IMHO) reason. These days, I want value for my membership.

I don’t need the insurance, so that wouldn’t be a reason.

Are there other reasons why I should join?

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

V/F (949) 248-8588

San Juan Capistrano, CA

http://www.AllenDesigns.com