Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: ASCE Membership - Is it worthwhile?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ASCE Membership - Is it worthwhile?
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:30:20 -0400
Access to SEI through ASCE is in my opinion worth the price of admission
D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E.
Senior Project Manager
Schoor DePalma Engineers and Consultants
200 State Highway Nine
Manalapan, NJ 07726
732-577-9000 (Ext. 1283)
I was a member of ASCE years and years ago when I graduated. IIRC, the reason I dropped my membership is that the bulk of the material I received was non-structural related and the structural journal was (and probably still is) way over my head and more conducive to academia (IMHO) than the practical world I lived (and still do) in.
I am reconsidering membership, but, with everything I join or subscribe to today, I question its value to me. Regardless of the price, I don’t need to join just to join or to just get another magazine or for some other petty (again, IMHO) reason. These days, I want value for my membership.
I don’t need the insurance, so that wouldn’t be a reason.
Are there other reasons why I should join?
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Prev by Subject: ASCE Membership - Is it worthwhile?
- Next by Subject: RE: ASCE Membership - Is it worthwhile?
- Previous by thread: RE: Allow. Stresses for Cast-in-Place Piles
- Next by thread: RE: ASCE Membership - Is it worthwhile?