Re: De-welding

Alden,

Structural steel welding completely fuses the two metal pieces and the electrode together.  The only way to separate them is to cut them.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Alden Manipula" <amanipula(--nospam--at)novagroupinc.net>

06/24/2004 10:46 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

"SEAINT Listserve" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
De-welding

Can two pieces of metal be de-welded without harming either piece?  I'm
guessing it's not like desoldering a resistor out of a circuit board w/ a
vaccum pump.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org