From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 12:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Non-structural component callouts

I am thinking of Cliff's question about legalities of "missed" items in the plans when I ask this:

When it comes to specifying cross-specialty items such as soil preparation, stone grading, concrete waterproofing, etc, who is ultimately responsible for these items?

Just because we have a foundation wall or a ground-bearing slab on our plans, is it always our responsibility to accurately specify the waterproofing membrane, the wall drains, and the type of stone under the footings?  And if we don't do it, are we the ones to be held responsible?

Does the architect assume any responsibility for reviewing these items?  Does an active owner have any responsibility?

Jim Wilson, PE
wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
Stroudsburg, PA

Do you Yahoo!?