Re: De-welding

>Can two pieces of metal be de-welded without harming either piece?  I'm
>guessing it's not like desoldering a resistor out of a circuit board w/ a
>vaccum pump.
De-welded? Haven't heard that term before...  The weld metal has the same
melting temperature as the rest of the structure--you'd end up melting
the whole thing by the time you got the weld zone hot enough to melted.
It'd be up around 3000 deg F if I recollect the melting point of steel
correctly. If you want to break the weld, use a side grinder.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw