From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 6:20 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: There's got to be a better way than the way I'm doing it

Mark -

Area didn't work because that function basically wants me to trace an
outline of an area. But you did get me pointed in the right direction. What
I did was create regions and then joined them (union). The final result was
a single solid entity with an area. I use that feature when I'm doing
section properties (after region, one can use the MassProp command to get
centroid and moment of inertia) but I never thought about using it for this
purpose.

Thanks,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA