RE: There's got to be a better way than the way I'm doing it

Mark -

Why area won't work as well as region is because the areas are all separated
by window openings. There are lots of areas that I would have to add
manually and that means I would have to dig in my drawer to find a
calculator and then dust it off and check the batteries. With regions, and
then union, it becomes one mega-area as a solid. I get one number.

BTW, an easier way to create a closed polyline from lines forming walls is
to use bpoly command, a longtime undocumented feature of AutoCAD. Just type
bpoly at the command prompt then pick a point in the wall and viola! A
closed polyline is laid on top of the walls.

Thanks again.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA