Re: Angle of Repose - Saturated Soil

Himat,

It would depend on the type of soil you have.  Saturated sand will flow almost like water whereas a very sticky clay will pile up like dog poo (my geotechnical professor is probably having chest pains right about now).

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Himat Solanki" <hsolanki(--nospam--at)scgov.net>

06/24/2004 12:57 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Angle of Repose - Saturated Soil

I would appreciate if you could give me some advice regarding the angle of repose for the saturated
soil. Based on a few soil books i was considering a reduce value of the angle of repose to about 5
degree below that for the dry material. Is this acceptable concept?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Himat Solanki

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org