From: Michel, Greg [mailto:gmichel(--nospam--at)DLRGROUP.com]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 1:55 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: ITEM: "Store roof collapses amid heavy rainfall" [Galveston, TX Home Depot Store]

I also found it surprising, not so much from the standpoint that the wall is still standing after the roof collapse, but why the roof collapse did not seem to affect the wall.  It makes you wonder how well the roof system was connected to the wall.

Gregory D. Michel
DLR Group
6225 N 24th St Suite 250
Phoenix, AZ 85016