From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 4:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Steel Silo Bins

I've been asked to design some steel silo bins and support framing.  The
silos will be about 12 ft. dia. and 20 ft. tall.  It holds a glass powder
with a density of 50 pcf.  It is exterior exposure.  The contractor wants to
fabricate the silo from steel sheets.  Are there any design standards or
methods of design literature available to design these?

Also, I've been asked to design a 'T' pipe rack system for the pipes to the
silo.  Any good references for pipe racks?

Any insight would be helpful.

Rich

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!