Re: SECB Certification Program for SE's

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Jordan Truesdell, PE wrote:

> in terms of billable hours lost.  The preparation time for an exam of
> this magnitude is not insignificant, and younger EITs / engineers in
> larger firms will often be allowed some time to prepare/study/take the
> exam on the corporation's dime.  In a small (or very small) firm, such

Yeah, right.  I can I come live in your fantasy world! <grin>

Every large A/E firm that I worked for did not allow any time off to study
for the exam on the company's dime.  Heck, I have yet to work for a
company that will pay for any association dues and few will pay for any
seminars.  In general, the only seminars or conferences that I attend are
the ones that _I_ pay for.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI