Cohesion of backfill soil

Hi all,
I am designing a foundation near to a water pond in a power plant. The pond depth is 4m, so the soil nearby have to be excavated, and then filled back after casting finish. My question is: which reduce factors should I used for that backfill soil cohesion factor and friction angle? Can you suggest some references related to this topic for me?
Your recommendation will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Nguyen Nam Trung
Civil Work Design Department,
Power Engineering & Consulting Company No.3,
HCMC, Vietnam.