From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Hot cambering vs. cold cambering
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:16:43 -0400

Greetings,

We are bidding a detailing job that has quite a few 60' long W30 and W27 beams cambered 1 1/2". While the method of cambering has nothing to do with our detailing, the fabricator asked what I knew about cold cambering vs. hot cambering and I had to admit that I don't know much about either. I would like to find out what there is to know - not only for his benefit but for mine as well. Is there anyone out there who would like to give me a lesson or point me to a good source on the subject?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.