From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 10:45 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Tales of Terror #1: Architects doing engineering

From: Dennis Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 11:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

So, what’s your take on all of this? Should I just retire to Southeastern Arizona and become a hermit (with my wife family and dogs)?

Well, Dennis, eventually it may come to that. I’m sure that at some point all of us will tire of suffering fools, gladly or otherwise, and go off to end our days smelling the flowers (or the cactus blossoms, in your case).

But in the meantime…

Although I am not privy to the scope of their work, nor to what extent they’ve actually accomplished anything, I am aware that here in Texas they have an ongoing Joint Committee of the Boards of Engineering and Architecture licensing that is charged with trying to sort these issues out, at least here in our state (called the JOINT TBPE/TBAE COMMITTEE).

If you want a humorous read, check out the minutes of some of the past meetings:

http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/minutes/JointBrd_min101801.htm

http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/minutes/joint_082902.htm

I have no idea why there aren’t any later minutes available (at least that I could find).

Anyway, this might be something that California might consider if they haven’t already. Or perhaps they have and you need to apprise yourself of progress (if any).

---

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---