Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Moment frames with tension-only bracing for diaphragm[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Moment frames with tension-only bracing for diaphragm
- From: struct(--nospam--at)att.net
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:32:25 +0000
UBC Table 16-N seems to be concerned with vertical lataral resisting system only. What if one uses tension-only bracing for diaphragms and use (ordinary/special) moment frames for the vertical system. Should the R value be 2.8 for the building? Thanks.
Suresh Acharya, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Modelling Rubber in SAP2000
- Next by Subject: Moment resistance connection
- Previous by thread: PUSHOVER ANALYSIS
- Next by thread: Re: Tales of Terror #1: Architects doing engineering (SECB)