From: Joe Grill [mailto:
jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent
: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 4:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Garage surcharge

We have a residential garage on a sloping site, therefore, two of the foundation walls will be retaining.  Distributed live loads from the 2003 IBC indicate a 40 psf live load for a residential garage.  If the slab weight (say 50psf) is added to that, would 90 psf be an adequate surcharge for the wall design?

Thanks,

Joe Grill