Re: Ridge beam/joist analysis

OK, you guys are scaring me.  Did anyone take statics in college?  Maybe the
comment last week about regular re-testing for structural engineers was a
good idea after all! <grin>

To be fair, when I had some ridge beam rafters, collar tied rafters, and
stair stringers to design (all on one job!) a few months ago, I had to sit
down and work through the free body diagrams to refresh my memory.  I wrote
a quick little excel spreadsheet for myself so I won't have to go through
the exercise again next time.  I will be happy to share it with any list
members who are interested.

Dmitri Wright, PE
Progressive Consultants Inc.