Re: Anchor Bolt Nuts

Gary,

ASTM A194 nuts are probably the ones you need and are common for this type of material.  If it is not too late, you might consider specifying ASTM F1554 grade 55 for your anchor bolts.  This ASTM is specific to anchor bolts and includes all the required material specifications for the rods and nuts as well as the manufacturing and testing requirements.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Gary Hodgson & Associates" <ghodgson(--nospam--at)vaxxine.com>

06/30/2004 01:58 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Anchor Bolt Nuts

Greetings List Members,

I have an application where I have column anchor bolts subjected to
overturning moments.  I'm using 50 ksi anchor bolts and am looking
for a compatible specification for the nuts.

I've been offered SAE Grade 5 & 8 nuts and A194-2H nuts which are
pressure vessel nuts.  However, I'm hoping to find common and readily
available structural nuts.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Gary Hodgson, P.Eng.
Niagara Falls, ON

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp