Concrete curing

Anyone with thoughts regarding concrete curing, or lack thereof in today's
building industry? ACI specifies 7 days in "moist" condition unless high
early strength concrete or accelerated curing is used. In S. Florida I find
this requirement to be often if not mostly ignored by both engineers and
contractors alike with respect to residential SOGs and even elevated
structural slabs...unless 90% outdoor humidity qualifies as a "moist
condition." Curing compounds are often avoided because they interfere with
tile mortar bond and it seems that plastic, burlap or sprinklers are too
much trouble. What are the current practices in other parts of the country?
I'm guessing that dryer climates make this much more of an issue.

Craig