Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Anchor Bolts in CMU[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Anchor Bolts in CMU
- From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:09:44 -0700
I am looking at the anchor bolt requirements in ACI 530/02 and in particular the shear requirements. There are requirements for reduction of shear due to edge distance, but nothing is said about reduction for spacing. The UBC had requirements for reductions for spacing less that 8 bolt diameters. The commentary on the ACI document talks about a reduction for edge distance less that 12 bolt diameters due to developing a full cone. I would assume that this would also apply to spacing even though the commentary only mentions edge distance. Am I right?
Joseph R. Grill, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Anchor Bolt Nuts
- Next by Subject: Anchoring ftg on rock against sliding
- Previous by thread: Concrete curing