Anchor Bolts in CMU

I am looking at the anchor bolt requirements in ACI 530/02 and in particular the shear requirements.  There are requirements for reduction of shear due to edge distance, but nothing is said about reduction for spacing.  The UBC had requirements for reductions for spacing less that 8 bolt diameters.  The commentary on the ACI document talks about a reduction for edge distance less that 12 bolt diameters due to developing a full cone.  I would assume that this would also apply to spacing even though the commentary only mentions edge distance.  Am I right?

Thanks,

Joseph R. Grill, PE