From: ASQENGG2(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:ASQENGG2(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 11:45 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: OMF Connection Design

In a message dated 6/29/2004 3:58:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, HoodMO(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us writes:
Interesting point, I had not noticed that clarification before. So it
appears that the panel zone does not have to be designed for the higher
forces. Do you then think it is appropriate to use the panel zone
strength, as designed per the LRFD specification, to determine the
maximum moment that can be delivered by the system?
That's why you use lower value of R for OMF in comparison with SMRF.

A. S. Quilala Jr. P.E.