Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: OMF Connection Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: OMF Connection Design
- From: BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 00:24:01 EDT
Maybe I'm missing something but it seems that "the frame" is the "lateral resisting element." "The frame" consists of columns, one or more beams and the joints connecting them. Now the code limits the design of the "lateral resisting element" to the maximum force that can be delivered "to" it not "within" it. It would seem, then, that the force used for design of "the frame" might be limited by a collector attached to the frame but not something integral to the frame.
Bill Cain, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: OMF Connection Design
- Next by Subject: RE: OMF Connection Design
- Previous by thread: RE: OMF Connection Design
- Next by thread: RE: OMF Connection Design