From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 4:36 AM
To: SEAOC Listservice
Subject: [SPAM] - Roger Turk Responds - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Friends and colleagues,

I cannot express my gratitude enough for the well wishes that you sent me
when it was made known that I was suffering from cancer.  The cards and
letters that I received together with your prayers reinforced that the
engineering community that we belong to is much more than a technically
oriented profession.

I am now in an assisted living facility where daily living conditions are
being dealt with, and as you can see, I am back on line.  For the most part,
I will be lurking, but I will from time to time interject my thoughts into
various threads.

I would like to particularly thank Dennis Wish, Steve Gordin and Joe Grill
who noticed a reduction in my posts and contacted me privately or via
land-line to see if I was alright.

Roger Turk