Re: Paris airport roof collapse

"It is likely that this perforation was facilitated by
the prior and gradual weakening of the concrete," it
added.

HOW DOES RELATIVELY NEW CONCRETE "GRADUALLY WEAKEN"?
CONCRETE USUALLY GETS STRONGER AND BETTER WITH AGE -
JUST LIKE STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS AND FINE WINE.

> "The view of the commission is that the main cause
> of the sudden collapse is linked to the perforation
> of the concrete roof by the struts (supporting it),"

THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT CONSISTENT TO THE OTHER
ASSERTION OF "WEAK" (IMPLIED SUB-STANDARD
LOW-STRENGTH) CONCRETE.

THAT'S MY 2 CENTS.

Cliff Schwinger