Shear capacity of a solid stud wall?

Hello,

I'm working on a project with some long relatively narrow buildings.
There are three interior transverse walls that are constructed of 2x8's
with their wide face against the wide face of the adjacent stud, making
the wall a solid, wood wall.  (The rest of the structure is also wood)  The
wall is not sheathed with plywood or OSB, but does have a layer of 5/8"
drywall on each side.  These walls act as firewall zone separators as
well as shearwalls.

So, the question is... how would you go about analyzing the wall for
existing shear capacity?  Could it be done through a deformation
resistance due to the nailing through the face of each member?
And I'm thinking that a shear at the interface of the adjacent studs
would be the force to overcome to create the deformation.
Has anyone heard of any research into this type of construction in a
shearwall application?

Looking forward to your comments,
Lloyd Pack