Re: Shear capacity of a solid stud wall?

For the gyp board portion, older UBC (1985 for example) gives values of
75 to 175 lb./ft. for gyp board nailed in various ways. But there is no
value in seismic zones now, as you may know.  So the value for the wall
should be at least twice these- for static loads.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA