Re: Shear capacity of a solid stud wall?

The wall, just like a shear wall, is still a cantilevered beam supporting point loads at the floor diaphragms/connections. Without a nailing schedule for stud-to-stud, all you have is friction to transfer shear across the "plys" of your wall, and end nails to transfer shear & heel/toe moment at the base of each independent 2x8. That's not very promising, since your heel-toe is being resisted on the tension side of a 3/4" moment arm by the withdrawal value of nails.

If, by some miracle, you have documentation on the assembly, you can do a straight analysis using the ply-to-ply nails for shear transfer and then add a tension strap at each end of the wall/wall section for T/C forces (if necessary and accessible).