Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood Floors and Weights[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wood Floors and Weights
- From: "Jason W. Kilgore" <jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:07:47 -0500
What is your general gut feeling for designing a wood floor to support a “Weight Room”? I’m assuming at least some free weights.
The proposed floor system will be a rubber mat over 2 layers of ¾” plywood (edges staggered) over 24” deep wood floor trusses.
I’m picturing some wanna-be governor pressing a 200# bar over his head then letting it free-fall 7.5’+.
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood door jamb connection at base
- Next by Subject: RE: Wood Floors and Weights
- Previous by thread: RE: OMF connections -special load combinations used to approximate maximum force to system?
- Next by thread: RE: Wood Floors and Weights