From: Jason W. Kilgore [mailto:jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 8:08 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wood Floors and Weights

To all:

What is your general gut feeling for designing a wood floor to support a “Weight Room”?  I’m assuming at least some free weights.

The proposed floor system will be a rubber mat over 2 layers of ¾” plywood (edges staggered) over 24” deep wood floor trusses.

I’m picturing some wanna-be governor pressing a 200# bar over his head then letting it free-fall 7.5’+.

Any thoughts?

---

Jason Kilgore

Leigh & O'Kane, LLC