Re: Wood Floors and Weights

Jason W. Kilgore wrote:
What is your general gut feeling for designing a wood floor to support a “Weight Room”? I’m assuming at least some free weights.

In the past the weight rooms I have done have been on concrete floors with metal deck using a live load of 125 psf. I would worry about floor vibrations from dropped weights and the possibility of the weights damaging the plywood. Also, the weights usually seem to get stacked close to each other, so there will be high point loads.