Re: Wood Floors and Weights

I've only done weight rooms in concrete/steel, but I have looked at plywood floors for heavy forklifts loads before.  There are some good references for those, I believe from the APA, that you might want to check out.  The wheel loads can be very high, so the design might start to look comparable.  You might also want to consider LSL, LVL, or PSL joists, so that you don't have to worry about web crushing issues as much as you would with a TJI.  Someone mentioned looking at a 16" spacing... you could even try 12" or 8" if needed.  Anything that divides into a 48" plywood sheet should be doable.  Good luck,

Paul Crocker, PE, SE