RE: Joints in concrete floor slab on bar joists

I don’t know what your live load criteria is but my hunch is that when you run the numbers the slab section will check as an unreinforced section under the provisions of ACI 318 Structural Plain Concrete.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E.

MASCE/SEI/BPAD

Senior Project Manager

200 State Highway Nine