RE: Pocket door in a wood shear wall

I've always stopped the wall at the back side of the pocket and put the
required hold-downs there.  If you count the pocket as part of the shear
wall, you either need to use two hold-down anchors or only count one side of
the wall.  If you omit the anchor on the flat 2x4 side there is no uplift
capacity and therefore no shear capacity on that face.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri