Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
"North to Alaska?"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: "North to Alaska?"
- From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:08:29 -0500
Well, I have been offered a contract position, 6 mos. To 1
I have to say that at the dollars they’re talking (salary plus per diem) it’s awfully tempting. I would just grab a bag, my wife and daughter and go within a week or so, and leave “others” to mind things here till I get back.
PROS: Money, and a pretty good bit of it. The
CONS: Well, we’d live the grandkids behind, and my wife will be quite despondent about that the whole time we’re gone. Also, if I’m THERE, I obviously won’t be doing anything HERE to drum up my own business.
The CONS are obviously outweighed by extreme poverty right now, but I’m still not 100% decided.
Anyone else live/work up there? Anyone been there? Comments?
- Prev by Subject: Re: "Lateral Torsional Support from Gypsum Board"
- Next by Subject: Re: "North to Alaska?"
- Previous by thread: Re: Calculation Software
- Next by thread: Re: "North to Alaska?"