Re: Calculation Software

Jason,
I have both TEDDS and Mathcad.  I prefer TEDDS because
of the pre-written solutions and the included data-steel
shapes, rebar(metric & imperial) and wood members and it
appears to have been written just for civil and structural
engineers. However I don't like it because it is tied to
MS Word-not a real problem just that every so often when
someone sends me a Word document and I try to open it,
it tells me to open TEDDS-just ignore it.  They also
provide limited working versions of S-Frame,Conc Beam
Conc Coland some others.  Self-written TEDDS problems
require a lot of attention-they are sensitive to very
small things like units and defining everything.  I
think they need to increase the number of pre-packaged
problems.  I think Mathcad is oriented to scientists
rather than engineers.

Gary Hodgson