-----Original Message-----
From: Charley Hamilton [mailto:chamilto(--nospam--at)uci.edu]
[snip]
As soon as I sent this, I realized I was wrong.  There is an
Excel component for doing "collaborative" calculations.  This is
also documented in the online help.

Charley

I have not actually done this or, if I have, I have forgotten doing so.
I *have* used data from the AISC database.  You assign the Read/Write
component to a variable during the wizard run, then everything is in
a matrix.  You have to hunt for what you want based on matrix index.
This is my only complaint.  I am sure there is a way to do this using
a Mathcad data structure that could parse syntax akin to W__x__.tf to
return the desired flange thickness from the database, but I haven't
figured it out yet.  I seem to recall finding such a tool, perhaps at
AISC's website.  It might have been an educational tool, however.

Charley

--

.