RE: Concrete shrinkage (was curing)

Actually I participate on the ACI 301 committee. ACI 301 primarily relies on
ASTM C33 for coarse aggregate grading, but the Submittals Checklist
(4.1.2.2) mentions other possible gradations, such as the 8 to 18 percent
method, the 0.45 power chart, and others. These methods can reduce the water
demand (as mentioned by Harold), but aggregates cannot meet these
requirements in all regions. ASTM C33 does not control aggregate gradations
to the extent desired to limit water demand.

So I am searching for any methods, other than ASTM C33, that are effective
in reducing water in the mix.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO