Re: Plated Truss Lateral Frame

Jason:

I would use 4.5 .  I assume the trusses will be built with 2x4's on edge like a typical wall.
The question is the deflection of the trusses, ties between floors and holdowns. I would insist on 4x4 min. chords(end posts). Your holdown connections should be clear of the truss plate connections (3-6"min) With the info that has pasted the list this last year about the quality of plated trusses I  would use the simplied base shear equation.  I would ask the truss manuf. about testing of truss under impluse loading of Earthquake loading.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA