Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Plated Truss Lateral Frame[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Plated Truss Lateral Frame
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:47:08 EDT
I would use 4.5 . I assume the trusses will be built with 2x4's on edge like a typical wall.
The question is the deflection of the trusses, ties between floors and holdowns. I would insist on 4x4 min. chords(end posts). Your holdown connections should be clear of the truss plate connections (3-6"min) With the info that has pasted the list this last year about the quality of plated trusses I would use the simplied base shear equation. I would ask the truss manuf. about testing of truss under impluse loading of Earthquake loading.
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Plated Truss Lateral Frame
- Next by Subject: RE: Plated Truss Lateral Frame
- Previous by thread: Plated Truss Lateral Frame
- Next by thread: RE: Plated Truss Lateral Frame