Re: "North to Alaska?"

>The
>cold and long, long hours of mid-winter darkness can
>grind some people down.
Cabin fever is real. We aren't Alaska by any means, but the short days in
Minnesota are much more of an ongoing problem than the cold. If you don't
have something to keep you entertained during the winter (theater, music,
skiing, ice fishing, something besides eating and drinking...) March will
find you overweight and moody... I think I heard once that problems with
alcohol abuse in Scandinavia and Russia are associated with short dark
winter days with the sun real low in the sky.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw