RE: "North to Alaska?"

I agree with Scott Haan.  I've been here most of the last 25 years, both
in Anchorage and for the last 13 years in Fairbanks, and this is not a
liberal state.  There are lots of folks here that consider Rush Limbaugh
and G. Gordon Liddy as moderates.

Lots of interesting work here.  In Fairbanks it's like the pipeline
days, so much commercial and military work the trades are strapped for
labor.  The seismic design is familiar enough for most folks, it's the
cold climate design and understanding how the cold permeates when you've
got 5 months below freezing, and most of that below zero (that's
Farenheit).

If you've got the time, take the University of Alaska Arctic engineering
course (required if you want your PE in Alaska).

Curt Fortenberry, PE