Structural vibration question

Could someone please explain to me the difference
between the ?damping ratio? and the ?damping factor??

I?ve seen both of them defined as the ?percentage of
vibrational energy that is lost per cycle of
vibration?. This means that they are different terms
for the same thing.  I also read in a book that the
damping ratio is equal to one half of the damping
factor. This means that they are not the same thing!

TIA,

Cliff Schwinger