Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
2-hour area separation wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 2-hour area separation wall
- From: "Robert Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:21:38 -0700
This is an unusual situation. You may want to consult with the Building Official.
My experience is with the UBC. I believe the IBC would be similar, but the code requires that the 2-hour wall extend from the foundation to 30" above the top of the upper roof (100 feet). The Building Official may have input (variations for life safety) about the specifics of your building occupancies and stored materials.
With Joy and Hope,
Bob Freeman, Architect
Integrated Design Services, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Re: 1997 UBC section 1923.2 vs 2000/2003 IBC 1913 & ACI 318-02
- Next by Subject: 2-hour area separation wall
- Previous by thread: Re:
- Next by thread: 2-hour area separation wall