RE: Truck Design Loads

> Can also check with your local weigh scales and see what the "legal"
> highway
> truck load is.  It will be smaller than the AASHTO design load.

Not necessarily.  Missouri, for example, allows heavier trucks in the two
major urban areas (Kansas City and St. Louis).  Bridges in these areas must
be designed for the "Missouri-Modified" AASHTO loads.  Off the top of my
head, I believe it's about 20% higher than standard AASHTO.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri